PPJ 029: Debby Simmons – Private Practice Journey Discoveries this Month!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Debby Simmons, a licensed marriage and family therapist, discusses what new and exciting things have happened in her practice since last month. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Learning about systems – selecting a phone system is necessary for a group practice, but you don’t have to spend a lot of money. Debby went with Grasshopper, which is a cloud-based system. She also incorporated clinicians she hired into her practice management/EHR system (Simple Practice) that she had been using when she was in solo practice.
* Learning about personal branding – Debby decided to brand her practice as a holistic practice. Her logo – the primrose flower – is a Chinese healing flower, which is reflected in the name of her practice – Primrose Healing & Wellness. In addition to counseling, Debby’s group practice offers massage therapy and Reiki (i.e., energy work). Debby advises to give careful thought to branding and allow this to happen organically.
* Learning to keep things in perspective – Debby advises to slow down and not feel as though you have to rush things when first starting your practice. The journey you are on is a marathon, not a sprint. In addition, as a group practice owner you must keep in mind what is in the best interest of the group and carefully consider how people you hire will align with the vision and goals of the practice and impact the dynamics of the group.
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out:
* Debby Simmons’ website: http://primrosehealingandwellness.com/
* Debby’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PrimroseHealingandWellness/
* Primrose Healing & Wellness Center phone number: 650-425-3451
* Grasshopper – http://grasshopper.com/how-it-works-and-features/
* Simple Practice – https://www.simplepractice.com/