Fees & Payment
Clients who make a financial commitment to participate in counseling or obtain a psychological evaluation are investing in themselves in the long run. Mental wellness is the key to a healthy and happy life!
My fees are competitive and based on my education level, experience and expertise (call around and see what other psychologists are charging for their services):
|Initial interview||$150.00 / 60 minutes|
|Individual counseling (distance/online counseling only)||$120.00 / 50 – 60 minutes|
|Psychological testing||Call Dr. Quarto for rates (Note: Dr. Quarto no longer accepts insurance to cover the costs of psychological evaluations.)|
|One-time 10 minute phone consultation||Free|
|Phone calls that last more than 10 minutes||Prorated at normal individual counseling rate|
|No show/cancellation with less than 24-hour notice||$60.00 for no show or cancellation with less than 24-hour advance notice (payment must be made prior to next counseling session)|
|Online courses||Call Dr. Quarto for rates|
- Insurance: If you have a health insurance plan, then your insurance company may cover all or part of the costs of counseling sessions. Dr. Quarto contacts insurance companies to verify insurance benefits and inform clients of these benefits prior to scheduling the first appointment. Dr. Quarto submits insurance claims to insurance companies on behalf of clients to obtain reimbursement for services rendered.
- Payment (i.e., co-pays, co-insurance, self-pay) is due in full at the end of each counseling session or psychological evaluation appointment.
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts (HSAs/FSAs): You may work for a company that contributes to a Health Savings Account. These funds may be used to offset the costs of mental health services. HSAs and FSAs allow clients to spend pre-tax income on medical expenses such as counseling and psychological evaluations. You are encouraged to check with your human resources office to find out if these options are available to you.
- Counseling and psychological testing services are usually tax deductible as a medical expense.
- Self-pay: In addition to cash and check, debit and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment (debit/credit card only for online appointments).
Insurance company affiliations
Dr. Quarto is a participating provider of the following insurance companies (for counseling only – not psychological testing):
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- MultiPlan/Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Dr. Quarto is not a participating provider of the following insurance companies:
- United Healthcare
- Upper Peninsula Health Plan
If Dr. Quarto is not a participating provider of your insurance company’s provider network then it is possible that his services will be covered as an out-of-network provider. He would be happy to call your insurance company to verify out-of-network benefits (except for TennCare or UPHP).
Christopher J. Quarto, Ph.D., PLLC, Licensed psychologist
Tennessee & Michigan