Fees & Payment
Clients who make a financial commitment to participate in counseling or obtain a psychological evaluation are investing in themselves in the long run. Mental wellness is the key to a healthy and happy life!
My fees are competitive for the Murfreesboro and Nashville area and are based on my education level, experience and expertise:
|Initial interview||$150.00 / 60 minutes ($75.00 for college students paying out of pocket)|
|Individual counseling (distance counseling only)||$120.00 / 50 – 60 minutes ($75.00 for college students paying out of pocket)|
|Psychological testing||Call Dr. Quarto for rates (Note: Dr. Quarto no longer accepts insurance to cover the costs of psychological evaluations. Call him about this if you would like to know why.)|
|One-time 10 minute phone consultation||Free|
|Phone calls that last more than 10 minutes||Prorated at normal individual counseling rate|
|No show/cancellation with less than 24-hour notice||$55.00 for no show or cancellation with less than 24-hour advance notice (payment must be made prior to next counseling session)|
|Online courses||Call Dr. Quarto for rates|
- Insurance: If you have a health insurance plan, then your insurance company may cover all or part of the costs of counseling sessions. Dr. Quarto contacts insurance companies to verify insurance benefits and inform clients of these benefits prior to scheduling the first appointment. Dr. Quarto submits insurance claims to insurance companies on behalf of clients to obtain reimbursement for services rendered.
- Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts (HSAs/FSAs): You may work for a company that contributes to a Health Savings Account. These funds may be used to offset the costs of mental health services. HSAs and FSAs allow clients to spend pre-tax income on medical expenses such as counseling and psychological evaluations. You are encouraged to check with your human resources office to find out if these options are available to you.
- Counseling and psychological testing services are usually tax deductible as a medical expense.
- Self-pay: Dr. Quarto discounts the costs of services for clients who elect to pay out-of-pocket or do not have insurance to cover the costs of services. Feel free to call him to discuss self-pay options.
- In addition to cash and check, debit and credit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
- Payment (i.e., co-pays, co-insurance, self-pay) is due in full at the end of each counseling session or psychological evaluation appointment.
Insurance company affiliations
Dr. Quarto is a participating provider with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- MultiPlan/Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- Others (not including Aetna or United Healthcare)
Christopher J. Quarto, Ph.D., PLLC, Licensed psychologist