PPJ 019: Lisa Duez and Allison Puryear – PPJ Special Consulting Episode!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Lisa Duez, a licensed clinical social worker, and Allison Puryear, an expert in private practice development discuss methods of developing Lisa’s private practice. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Be sure that you are taking on clients that are ideal for you and will not take an emotional toll on you over the long run.
* It’s easy to get sucked into “scarcity thinking” (i.e., thinking that clients will not continue coming after you get off to a good start), but the evidence (e.g., tracking referrals/clients) will prove that false.
* Outsourcing (e.g., virtual assistant) is a possibility when your client load increases so much that you are unable to properly manage the administrative aspects of your practice. Take a look at how many sessions you would have to complete each month in order to pay a virtual assistant or someone else who is helping you with administrative tasks; it’s probably not that much. This will give you the opportunity to do things that you truly enjoy – working with clients!
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out:
* Allison Puryear’s website – https://abundancepracticebuilding.com/
* Abundance Practice Building podcast – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/abundant-practice-podcast/id1207650846?mt=2
* Lisa Duez’ website: lisaduez.com
* Lisa’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.borykduez
* Lisa’s Instagram account: lisaduezlcsw