PPJ 026: Cindy Norton – Private Practice Journey Discoveries this Month!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Cindy Norton, a licensed marriage and family therapist associate, discusses what new and exciting things have happened in her practice since last month. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Learning from experience – Cindy learned that there can be ebbs and flows (with regard to the number of clients she sees) during the first year of private practice. During the summer months clients may have other stuff going on (e.g., vacations) that prevent them from scheduling appointments. Cindy has felt a little uneasy at times wondering whether she’ll be able to make enough money to pay her bills…such is the experience of a budding entrepreneur.
* Cindy started a new business in July – Mountain Practice Journeys – to complement her private practice work. This is a consulting service to help therapists grow their practices. Cindy’s business background has really helped in this regard.
* Learning how to adjust – If Cindy had it to do over she would find an office that she could rent by the hour before subletting an office for one day a week given that she did not have many clients at first.
* Learning about social media marketing – Cindy is most active on Facebook. She recommends that therapists do not attempt to market their services through too many social media outlets because it’s too difficult to keep up with all of them. Pick a social media outlet that 1) you find enjoyable and 2) where your clients hang out. Facebook Ads can be a good way of getting the word out about your practice.
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out:
* Cindy’s website: http://avlcouplestherapy.com/
* Cindy’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AVLCouplesTherapy
* Cindy’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cindy’s consulting practice: https://mountainpracticejourneys.com/