PPJ 027: Lisa Duez – Private Practice Journey Discoveries this Month!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Lisa Duez, a licensed clinical social worker, discusses what new and exciting things have happened in her practice since last month. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Learning about systems – it is important to keep track of money you are collecting from clients (and/or their insurance companies) as well as the amount of time that passes after you have provided services to clients and being paid for those services to stay on top of things. QuickBooks for Self-Employed is the tool Lisa uses to track her income and expenses. It is also important to keep track of referrals to evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
* Learning about personal branding – Lisa started off as a “generalist” and then zeroed in on the type of client she wanted to work with. Then she updated her website “copy” around her ideal client as part of her personal branding efforts. Developing a niche that speaks to a certain type of client can help you develop a successful practice even though the “scarcity mindset” might dissuade you from doing this.
* Learning how to keep things in perspective – it is important to keep in mind that there are ebbs and flows in private practice, which will help you “stay the course.”
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out:
* Lisa Duez’ website: lisaduez.com
* Lisa’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.borykduez
* Lisa’s Instagram account: lisaduezlcsw
* Lisa’s Pinterest account:
* QuickBooks Self-Employed – https://quickbooks.intuit.com/t/qbks-14128/self-employed/