PPJ 028: Amanda Petrik – Private Practice Journey Discoveries this Month!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Amanda Petrik, a licensed clinical professional counselor, discusses what new and exciting things have happened in her practice since last month. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Learning about systems – Amanda recommends using an electronic health records system such as Simple Practice to keep track of finances and other things pertaining to her practice. She decided to start using an EHR system to use her time more efficiently. The time she has saved is now spent seeing clients and generating more money for her practice. There are many EHR systems on the market…do your research and ask other therapists about their experiences using these systems.
* Learning about personal branding – Amanda has learned to be very intentional about who she is trying to reach, what her goals are and what she is trying to get out of her marketing, communication and service efforts. Creating an impression in the eyes of potential clients and referral sources is part of personal branding. Creating a business plan helps clarify who you are as a business owner and therapist.
* Learning to keep things in perspective – Amanda believes it’s important to think of yourself as a business to be a successful business owner. The scarcity vs. abundance mindset also comes into play. Many therapists take anyone and everyone as clients when they first start in private practice because “If I don’t, then I won’t make any money and my private practice will fail.” However, Amanda has found that niching/narrowing her practice focus has actually resulted in a higher influx of clients.
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out
* Amanda Petrik’s website: amandalcpc.com
* Amanda’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AmandaPetrikLCPC/
* Amanda’s book – “Worry Reframes: Challenge Your Anxious and Negative Thoughts!” – https://www.amazon.com/Worry-Reframes-Challenge-Negative-Thoughts/dp/1974342468/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508979020&sr=8-1&keywords=worry+reframes