PPJ 030: Cindy Norton – Private Practice Journey Discoveries this Month!
On this episode of the Private Practice Journeys podcast, Cindy Norton, a licensed marriage and family therapist associate, discusses what new and exciting things have happened in her practice since last month. Give it a listen and find out why you’ll want to follow these therapists on their journeys into private practice! Get the show notes on the “Private Practice Journeys” podcast page at http://www.chrisquarto.com/
Join the Private Practice Journeys Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/704499516382080/?ref=bookmarks
Learning Along the Journey
* Learning about systems – using practice management software (i.e., an electronic health records system) such as Simple Practice is essential to run an efficient practice. Also, Cindy recommends reading the book, “Profit First” to learn about the importance of paying yourself first as a private practitioner and learning how to manage your money.
* Learning about personal branding – branding is two things: 1) what you can see (e.g., your logo, color palette for website, name of your business) and 2) what you can’t see (e.g., the vision/mission of business, how you’re perceived by others in the community). People learn about your brand when 1) you are clear about what kind of services you offer – specifically – in terms of your niche and 2) communicating a consistent message on social media, in networking groups, etc. You are the person who attracts people to your practice…it’s OK to stand out/to be different. Let yourself shine!
* Learning to keep things in perspective – give yourself time to let your practice grow and evolve into what you’ve dreamed it to be. This involves being patient and not expecting to have a full case load within two months of opening your practice (i.e., sprint vs. marathon). Rule of thumb: 1) You don’t make a heck of a lot of money the first year of private practice, 2) you break even or start making some descent money during the second year and 3) make really good money the third year of practice.
Stops Along the Journey – Check it Out:
* Cindy’s website: http://avlcouplestherapy.com/
* Cindy’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AVLCouplesTherapy
* Cindy’s e-mail address: email@example.com
* Cindy’s consulting practice: https://mountainpracticejourneys.com/
* Entrepreneur on Fire podcast episode with Mike Michalowicz – author of “Profit First” – https://www.eofire.com/podcast/mikemichalowicz/